Welcome, Friends! I am glad you have chosen to join me here as I walk through these days that God has given me. I hope these thoughts, musings, and ideas I write will bless you in your walk. I encourage you to leave comments and questions of your own. I would love to hear from you! May God's grace be with you always.
~Joyce

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Break

We just got off Spring Break so I'm back to school on Monday.  Yay for 5:45 am wake up call!  (I realize this isn't early for everyone, but for me it is.  It would probably be easier if it were every day instead of just twice a week...) 

I didn't do much this Spring Break.  I embroidered quite a bit (1 & 1/2 tea towels) and helped Tommy's Grandma cut out filler material for the quilt she is working on right now.  Oh, and my FIL has a bottle calf so I got to help with it.  He was just figuring out how to suck on the bottle when we left, but they said that he's doing much better today.


I walked out to check on a cow before heading to town Thursday, and I didn't figure that she would be calving until much later that day.  As I was walking, I glanced over and the calf slid out.  Hah!  So much for later that day. :-) I went back to the house for my camera.
He's about 20 minutes old in the above picture and super wobbly when he started to stand up about 5 minutes later. 


 Fell down again. :-)
 The brown calf was pretty curious...but the mama wouldn't let him very close.

I made Orecchiette with Mushrooms for supper tonight.  It was good.  I couldn't find the Boursin cheese that the recipe calls for so I added garlic and herbs separately and used plain chevre for the cheese. 

No comments: