Welcome, Friends! I am glad you have chosen to join me here as I walk through these days that God has given me. I hope these thoughts, musings, and ideas I write will bless you in your walk. I encourage you to leave comments and questions of your own. I would love to hear from you! May God's grace be with you always.
~Joyce

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dear Mom,

Hi, I've been meaning to write this to you for a while now.  I just want to say thank you for all that you have done for me.

For giving me life
Encouraging my love of books and reading, even when I sometimes read instead of doing my school work
Encouraging my drawing
Letting me spend so much time with Grandma and Grandpa
Allowing me the freedom to bike all over town by myself
Encouraging me to keep going when I get discouraged and tired of life
Teaching my school
Putting up with me when I had a bad attitude
Putting up with me for being "brutally honest" as you called it (I'm trying to learn to be tactful!)
Letting me "help" with cooking when I was little; I learned more than I ever realized
Helping to talk dad into letting me have a dog
Helping us take care of the rabbits
Putting the time and effort into homeschooling
Always finding time to take us running in the mornings for soccer
Playing soccer in the front yard with all of the neighborhood kids
Sunday dinners

And so much more....

I love you, Mom.
~Joyce

No comments: